West Valley City Citizenship Attorney | Citizenship Lawyer
If you got into trouble with your green card then you may have some difficulty getting citizenship unless you have West Valley City citizenship attorney from Familia America Immigration by your side advocating for your case. Call at 801-656-9605 to discuss your case.
Familia America Immigration 801-656-9605
Redwood Professional Plaza 6243 South Redwood Road, Suite 235, Taylorsville, UT84123
COVID-19 Update: We will continue to meet with potential clients and clients in office, on the phone, or by ZOOM video conference. Click here to contact us.
We can take your call from 9am-9pm MST, Mon-Sat

West Valley City Citizenship Attorney

Immigration law is challenging to say the least. There are so many steps that one must take in order to get started on your residency that when you finally reach the step to gain citizenship it may seem too good to be true. The average time it takes to get citizenship is about 6 months to a year. However, the actual process starts when you enter this country which means you need to have your green card for about 5 years. No matter where you are in your journey to get citizenship, don’t do it alone. Let our Citizenship Attorney at Familia America Immigration in West Valley City help guide you through the process to ensure that you have the maximum ability for success.

What to Expect

There are six basic components that you must check off before you start the citizenship process. The first is that you must be 18 years or older. If you are younger than your path to citizenship will look very different depending on if your parents are citizens or not. If you are 18 years or older, then you are ready to start. Second, you must have lived in the United States for at least 5 years. This means you resided permanently for five years despite any minor trips you may have taken to and from the United States. Also, you must be lawfully a resident for 5 years with a green card. If you are residing without documents then your process will look very different.

Third, you are a spouse of a citizen and have lived here permanently for 3 years. Again you must be here lawfully which means that you do have a green card for residency. Then you can start. Fourth and fifth have more to do with your assimilation. Have you started to learn the English language? Have you started reading and writing in English? This will help you immensely as you may not be exempt from taking the civic test in another language other than English.

The fifth is about good moral standing. The United States immigration is strict on people who have a criminal past or are acting in bad behavior while being a resident. If you got into trouble with your green card then you may have some difficulty getting citizenship unless you have an attorney by your side advocating for your case as well as guiding you through ways to waive or pardon you from certain criminal situations.

The last factor is showing proof that you have lived in the same state for at least three months. Immigration is also very particular about making sure those with a green card provide a change of address.  It can be considered a criminal charge if you do not. Hiring a Citizenship Attorney is more than just having someone file your paperwork. Attorneys are able to find problems before they arise. They advocate for your well being and aggressively protect your right to your dream. Call 801-656-9605 or click here to end your journey with us. We want to see your success.