Immigration law can be extremely complex. It not only affects people who are seeking to enter the United States for a better life, it also pertains to businesses and individuals looking to hire skilled workers from overseas. My name is Gloria Cardenas and I am a Salt Lake City permanent employment visa attorney. My team of legal professionals at Familia America understands the need to employers to find the best employees. Many companies depend on talented foreign nationals for some of the most demanding jobs. For 26 years, I have developed a track record of working diligently to help clients achieve the best possible results.
What is a Permanent Employment Visa?
Although the term “permanent employment visa” may sound self explanatory, not all are the same. Employment-based immigrant visas are divided into five categories: EB-1 visa, EB-2 visa, EB-3 visa, EB-4 visa and EB-5 visa. Each has its own set of specific set of guidelines for different types of workers. Depending on the type of visa needed, an employer may need to file a Form I-140 petition to allow a foreign national to work in the United States. The legal team at Familia America can work with employers to provide effective permanent employment visa solutions for the following:
- Workers with an extraordinary ability: These are known as EB-1 visas. Our team can help provide documentation to prove a foreign national’s extraordinary skill or talent for specific jobs These credentials can include awards recognized internationally or published information about the worker
- Labor certification (PERM): This type of permanent employment visa is granted to foreign nationals applying for jobs where there are very few or no qualified American applicants. This is to assure U.S. Department of Labor the employer is not adversely affecting job opportunities for Americans.
- National Interest Waiver: This applies to EB-2 permanent employment visas, which typically require a job offer or labor certification. However, a National Interest Waiver (NIW) can be used to waive these requirements if the applicant entering the country would benefit national interest.
- Outstanding researchers and professors: These types of occupations require an EB-1 permanent employment visa
Special handling labor certification: It allows college and universities to hire foreign national professors through a less complex labor certification process.
- Religious workers: The EB-4 permanent employment visa allows religious workers and their families to stay permanently in the United States.
- Waivers and Inadmissibility: In some cases, a foreign national may be denied a visa. The team of immigration legal professionals at Familia America can help petition to waive the grounds of inadmissibility.
- Processing at U.S. embassies and consulates: We can help foreign national workers their permanent employment visa claims at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their native country.
Why You Need a Salt Lake City Permanent Employment Visa Attorney
The legal team at Familia American utilizes a personable and comprehensive approach to help clients achieve the best possible results. Salt Lake City permanent employment visa attorney Gloria Cardenas brings 26 years of experience of helping companies and individuals assist foreign nationals to work in the United States. To learn more, contact the offices at Familia America to schedule a consultation.