We represent clients from all 50 states and can meet by phone, WhatsApp, or ZOOM video conference. Click here to contact us (bilingual)

Green Card Attorney

Book Appointment

Obtaining Lawful Permanent Residency (Green Card)

Countless families throughout the country have relatives living abroad or inside the United States with dreams of building a better life in the United States. It is important to obtain a green card, in order to live, work and travel in the United States and abroad without restrictions. But acquiring a green card is not easy. It is important to have an immigration lawyer on your side to help apply to gain residence in the United States. My name is Gloria Cardenas and I am a green card attorney. The immigration legal team at Familia America is committed to helping families find the best solutions to obtain residency in the United States for themselves and members of their families.

Gloria Cardenas and her team has a 98% success rate in achieving Lawful Permanent Residency for their clients. Stressed? Don’t worry! We are here to take the stress off your shoulders and work with you in achieving your dreams.

Frequently Asked Questions About Green Cards

While obtaining a green card is normally a difficult process, with Familia America’s green card attorney, the process can be a breeze. Utilizing our experienced green card attorney, the applicant is in a far better position to obtain a green card.

For family-based green cards, United States citizens can apply for the following family members. 

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried children 
  • Married children
  • Unmarried stepchildren (if the marriage occurred prior to the child turning 18)
  • Married stepchildren  (if the marriage occurred prior to the child turning 18)
  • Parents
  • Step-parents (if the marriage occurred prior to the child turning 18)
  • Brothers and Sisters 

For family-based green cards. Lawful Permanent Residents can apply for the following family members but it is much more limited.  Green card holders cannot apply for their parents, siblings or married children. That is why it’s good to become a United States citizen! 

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried children under 21 years old
  • Unmarried children 21 years old or older
  • Unmarried stepchildren (if the marriage occurred prior to the child turning 18)

Obtaining an Approved Form I-130 Petition is only the first step in the residency process. With our green card attorney, we will make sure you meet all of the green card requirements for your family-based green card. 

Generally speaking, someone that has entered the United States with a visa and is married to a United States citizen, can file for and obtain their green card without leaving the United States.   This is generally true for parents of United States citizens and children of United States citizens.  Many others must leave the United States for an interview at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy.  Or, if they are outside the U.S. already, they can obtain their visa after the interview at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy.  We are experienced in determining what options are available to you.  We understand the process.  

Contact a Salt Lake City Fiancé Visa Attorney at Familia America Today

Attorney Gloria Cardenas brings more than 30 years of experience in immigration law to help protect the rights of clients and their family members. She and her knowledgeable team at Familia America work diligently behind the scenes to help process fiancé visa applications as quickly as possible. To learn more, contact the legal professionals at Familia America in Salt Lake City and schedule a consultation to discuss your case.

Contact Form

Follow Us On Tik Tok!