We represent clients from all 50 states and can meet by phone, WhatsApp, or ZOOM video conference. Click here to contact us (bilingual)

Employment Visa Law Firm

Book Appointment

What is an Employment Visa?

Working in the United States for a fixed period of time is possible for many immigrants. In most cases, a potential employer must file a petition with the USCIS. Once this is approved, your interview is scheduled at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy, and after that, your visa may be issued to you. Oftentimes, your spouse and children can also obtain a similar visa so that they can join you in the U.S.
Young Hispanic Women in a Virtual Meeting

Types of Employment Visas

These visas are for seasonal, or peak load, temporary workers working in agriculture (H-2A) or non-agricultural (H-2B) setting like construction projects, or hotels. These visas are usually for 6 months or sometimes a year.  No specific experience or degree is required.  Many people from Mexico, Central America, and South America apply for these visas.  Employers routinely apply for H-2A and H-2B visas annually to meet their needs of hiring "unskilled" and necessary labor.   We are experienced in assisting employers from all industries to obtain these visas.  

H-1B visas are for people in a specified professional or academic field or with special expertise who have a college degree or higher or the equivalent in work experience. These visas are valid for 3 years and can be extended for an additional 3 years. To qualify, you must have a job offer from a U.S. employer for a role that requires specialized knowledge, proof of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in that field, and your employer must demonstrate that there are not enough qualified U.S. applicants for the role. In many circumstances, there is a limit to how many H-1B visas are issued each year.  A pathway to lawful permanent residency is available after obtaining an H1 Visa.  Additionally, the main receipent's spouse and children may also obtain a visa and may accompany the H 1 visa holder, and are also eligible to apply for lawful permanent residency. 

Ms. Cardenas and her experienced team work closely with hea of human resource departments, managers, and owners of companies with this visa process from start to finish.  We keep the needs of the employer first and work diligently and thoroughly to be suceessful in bringing the necessary foreign talent needed to be successful in your business or institution.  

H-3 visas are for people seeking training in the U.S. except graduate medical school or training, or training to meet the needs of those who require special education. If you want training in the U.S. and are pursuing your career outside the U.S. this visa might be for you.  Once you receive training in the U.S., it is easier for your employer to seek a visa on your behalf since you will have the necessary education and training to qualify for a visa, often tmes, a H-1B Visa.  

L Visas are for those who are temporarily transferring within a company (or its subsidiary) outside the U.S. where they already work, either at the executive/management level (L-1A) or through specialized expertise (L-1B). An L-1A visa is valid for 3 years and can be renewed; L-1B has only a one-year duration. This is a great visa for anyone who is already working in a company outside the U.S. that has a company or subsidiary of the parent company in the U.S.

This permits qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level, under the former North American Free Trade Agreement.  Canadians may apply for this visa at a port of entry.  Mexicans must file an application first.  The advantage of this visa is that the employer does not have to go through extensive and often times expensive process that is involved in a visa application such as a H-1B visa.  Employers, this is an exceptional way to bring foreign nationals to work for you.  And there is no cap (limit) to the number of visas you may seek.   

The O-1 visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements. Once a person has an O-1 visa for several years, he/she self-petition for lawful permanent residency.  

I visas are for members of the foreign press including reporters, film crews, editors, and similar occupations, representing a foreign media outlet such as print, radio, film, or other foreign information media when the outlet has a home office in a foreign country. For most, this is an indefinite visa as long as the holder is engaged in this profession for the same company.

These visas are for those who excel in performance, athletic, or artistic endeavors and the people who accompany these extraordinary performers. These are usually valid for the duration of the event.

R visas are extended to non-immigrant religious workers who are members of a religious denomination that holds official non-profit status in the U.S. coming to work either directly for that denomination or an associated non-profit. This is an underused visa and can be a very good visa to apply for.  A religious insttitution can be traditional or non-traditional.  

We work closely with many religious organization and associated non-profits to bring individuals to the United States.  

The Q cultural exchange program is for the purpose of providing practical training and employment, and sharing the history, culture, and traditions of your home country with the United States. You may be eligible for Q-1 nonimmigrant classification if you are seeking to participate in an international cultural exchange program approved by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Exchange visitor (J) visas are nonimmigrant visas for individuals approved to participate in exchange visitor programs in the United States. J1 included programs such as an Au pair, Camp Counselor, Short-term Scholar, Summer Work Travel, Students, and Government Visitors. 

Contact a Salt Lake City Fiancé Visa Attorney at Familia America Today

Attorney Gloria Cardenas brings more than 30 years of experience in immigration law to help protect the rights of clients and their family members. She and her knowledgeable team at Familia America work diligently behind the scenes to help process fiancé visa applications as quickly as possible. To learn more, contact the legal professionals at Familia America in Salt Lake City and schedule a consultation to discuss your case.

Contact Form

Follow Us On Tik Tok!