This is one of the most crucial steps to obtaining a K1 Fiance Visa. Although the questions are straightforward, and the interview typically lasts only 15 to 30 minutes, it’s good to be prepared and understand what’s expected from you and your fiancé. Honesty is a key factor as lying during the interview will cause other consequences that may slow down the whole process. Focus on the general questions asked and be prepared to answer them. A Salt Lake City fiance visa attorney can help you figure it all out and make the whole process easier for you.
During the k1 visa interview you will be asked questions about you, your significant other, and about your relationship. Some questions you will be asked include:
- Your name, DOB, and work you do
- If you have travel to the United States before and why you want to visit
- If you have relatives in the United States
- If you got married and why the relationship ended
- If you applied for a visa before and why you were either approved or denied
- Is your family ok with you getting married in the United States?
- If you have a ny criminal records
- His or her full name, DOB, and where was he or she born
- Place where your fiance lives and how long he or she has been living there?
- Occupation and if you have met his or her parents, siblings, and relatives
- If your fiancé was married before and why the relationship ended
- Your fiancé’s religion and hobbies
- How you communicate with your fiancé? What language do you use?
You will also be asked specific questions about your relationship and wedding arrangements:
- Where did you meet?
- Has your fiance visited you before? How often?
- Activities you both enjoy together
- Methods of communication
- When your fiance proposed and any wedding plans?
- Is the family coming to the wedding?
- Are you okay with getting married without any family present?
- Honeymoon plans
You will be nervous
Individuals who hire a professional tend to be more calm during the interview as they already know what’s expected from them. But even when you are prepared, anxiety is natural. It’s part of being human. Remember some officers may think you are falsifying information. There is so much fraud they have to deal with. It’s just difficult to know who is honest and who is not. Whatever you do, be honest with yourself and with the person conducting the interview. You have nothing to hide. Your relationship should be transparent and your good intentions evident. All you want to do is get married and live a happy life together.
Contact a Salt Lake City fiance visa attorney
There comes a time when you realize you can’t do everything on your own. We are here to help you and to offer the best advice. Gloria Cardenas understand complex immigration laws and knows how they can work on your behalf.